Friday 1 February 2008

CARPE DIEM

This is dragging on a bit. My leg's still not right.It does seem a teeny bit better,but not so much. I'm doing everything that I can ,within reason,to get it right.I'm on anti inflammatories that are supposed to help.I'm not convinced ,but hey.I'm doing the stretches every day ,that definitely helps.I'm taking hot baths followed by a cold shower.Up to now I've been to the osteopath twice and I've been to the sports clinic twice for deeeeep massage.All very nice ,and it does help ,but it's still not better.The bottom of my foot still feels numb and my calf muscle still isnt 'firing'.Towards the end of the day ,because i'm not walking properly,my heel is killing me.It strikes the floor with every step. I can put up with it ,and I'm not moaning,but it is pissing me off.
What I'm getting at is this.I'm beginning to think I'm at a crossroads in my life.Something beyond my control has happened that is affecting almost every aspect of my life.Short of going back in a time machine and stretching my body to ballerina standard in between mixing in loads of different activities to minimise injury there's not much more I can do.
So what ever it is you enjoy doing ,get out and do it.The last mountainbike ride I had was at Llandegla.It was in great company on great trails and if it was my last ,as in last ever ,ride, I can live with that.
But I hope it's not.
I'm going to give it a spin over the weekend i think.See how it goes .Something local.Maybe that'll be my last ride.
And then next week........


TIM

1 comment:

  1. Yup, there's that rut we were talking about :(

    Glad yer on the mend since then mate.

    Every ride's potentially one's last eh.

    ReplyDelete