Sunday 7 June 2009

THREE SHEETS IN THE WIND

"Now if you feel that you can't go on,
Because all of your hope is gone
And your life is filled with much confusion,
Until happiness is just an illusion .
(happiness is just an illusion)" *



STU TRIED TO LOOK COOL AS HIS COMBOVER BLEW IN THE WIND
Was'nt sure how today would pan out. I've not been well . At the risk of elaborating ,I'll just say it was a 'chest thing'.
Anyway , I'm feeling a lot better. Stu phoned last night to see if I fancied a 'local ' in the morning. I mulled it over just thislong ,and got the bike out of the shed .
Didnt quite get to bed as early as I would have liked ,but not mad late . I ws a bit heavy of head getting up ,but we were only meeting at 9 ,so not too bad.
Dave turned up too . He's only just faltering out the last few weeks after a knee op.
Even less need to elaborate on the ride . Absolutely bog standard Rivi affair. Missed out the pike ( I know ),over Wildersmoor then up The Scorpioni . Puncture . Me . Skinny tyres ( I know ) . Then up and over the Two Lads ,Dog Kennels then Gardens to the Caff.
Earl Grey with vanilla ! ( I know ) .
Somewhere in that lot we bumped into Craig Burrows and was stared at by a bull.
All in all , a good little ease back in.
Hopefully normal service from now on.
"Looking back what I have done,
There's lots more life to live,
At times I feel overwhelmed,
I question what I can give,
But I don't let it get me down,
Or cause me too much sorrow,
There's no doubt about who I am,
I always have tomorrow" **
* The Four Tops. ( reach out ) I'll Be There .
**I was there. The GreenDay.
OK .

No comments:

Post a Comment