Sunday 2 November 2008

THE BIKE AFTER THE RIDE AFTER THE MORNING AFTER THE NIGHT BEFORE


SAME SHOT,DIFFERENT DAY
Post ride pic.
Commencal super4.All the bits work well.Rock Shox Rebas ,bouncy.Sram shifty bits ,clicky.Mavic wheels ,spinny.Race face stem/commencal own bars,turny.
First impressions ,good. Not sure about those tyres,but ,well ,you know.
They were OK til it went proper gloopy.I'll stick on some Conti's .
Apart from that .Good.Obvious comparison with the meta 5.5 of last year . Like that ,but with 1.5 less. At no point on todays ride was I made to feel inadequate to the tune of 1.5 though.Whether that's a reflection on the bike or todays loop remains to be seen. I'll keep you posted.
One thing I did notice ( I think) was that it felt a smidgen more direct up front than the Meta. Coming off the back of Rivi pike the rocky drops were no problem ,business as usual,but it really shone on the rutted lower section.Changing direction at speed like a bluebottle. The trade off though was that it felt a bit more planted up front and not as eager to manual.Loifting (that's a typo ,I'm leaving it in. it's a new word. Lofting+lifting. loifting),where was I? Loifting the front end over gulleys etc takes a bit more effort than on the meta ,something closer to the Fisher HiFi,say,but with the meta back end ,albeit - 1.5,it's brill.Planted at the front isnt a bad thing ,as long as you know about it.

Uphill ,climbs well.Feels a bit meta.But with 1.5 less.Not that you'd know.It was a 'sit and spin' type thing ,although ,that said ,I didnt once lock the forks or rear shock . I wanted to try it all 'on'.Too much to think about first time. Maybe next week.

Right then. Where's them tyre levers ?....

No comments:

Post a Comment